Monday, January 23, 2012

The Rain of Thought

I went out in the rain today around 3 A.M. I tell you it was the most wonderful feeling standing in the rain and feeling each and every cold wet drop fall on your skin. Breathing in and tasting the rain drops. Feeling the coldness on the concrete ground didn't fulfill the feeling. 'But feeling the cold damp muddy grass on my feet did. The wind blowing the trees... it felt magical. It felt like it was too much to bare, my body shakes not because of how cold it was outside. Being outside made me think, such a wonderful precious place that gives life is all going to crumble into nothing but death. It's even harder to think my own kind; humans are to blame but, I can forgive because I'm no different. It makes me question humans if they have the ability to change to save this world before it's too late. It seems pointless, just looking around and seeing how humans are so interested in their own lives to even open their eyes to the bigger picture. Most people refuse to see the bigger picture because the truth hurts but I know better. Even though the truth hurts.... you just got to learn to forgive and move on. I know it may be a difficult task to do for people but if you really just try... you can go far and not be held back. Talking about how the truth hurts makes me think of this quote I heard off a movie, "The truth can make everything else seem like a lie." I believe that to be true because I've seen it happen and if you think about it long and hard you would know it's true too. Anyways being out in that rain got me emotional, I felt like crying. It even made me think when is the world going to end. Would I be able to find my true love before then? Get married? Have beautiful children and watch them grow, how my parents watched me grow? Would, I be able to die of old age before I see the day come? 'But the big question that arose in my head was.... would humans be able to open their eyes to the bigger picture and make a better change before then? Or would they be able to get a second chance when the day comes? 'But all I can do is move on with life and try to open others' eyes as I go and hope for the best. Also, I'm going to make a change for myself.... I'm going to stop hiding who I really am on the inside.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you Alicat! It is important to know that it matters as to whether an individual continues to keep walking forward no matter what. Remember it can only be a small flit of hand, body or sword that can be the saving grace for any warrior. There is always the chance even in our world that there will be a flit of hand, body or sword that will be our own saving grace. Do not walk in blindness but continue to celebrate in life as you are. To walk forward being who you truly are will be the saving grace we need to see change at large. Keep singing, loving and being.

    All my best,

    Queen Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your words and I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete